Here are some things to talk about this weekend...
- We had the Veteran's Day assembly on Monday. It was a great way to honor the day.
- We have a new student starting on Monday. Over the weekend, each student needs to make a welcome card for Ben. Please see the homework tab for details.
- Ask your child to show you "Double, Double, This, This." It was a tricky energizer we did a morning meeting.
Math: We finished up our unit on dividing by 1 digit divisors. As your child to tell you the sentence we use to remember that steps to division. We will have one more review day on Monday and then the topic 4 test will be on Tuesday.
Social Studies: We did an activity with latitude and longitude and then began research for explorer projects. Students are using online sources as well as books to take notes and to track their sources. They are doing a wonderful job so far!
Science: Ms. P from the science center just sent us some materials for our next unit on food webs. We will begin that when we finish explorers.
Reading: We worked on tracking our thinking while reading Fish in a Tree. Students were asked to describe any "mind movies" that happened as the events in the book unfolded. This is a great strategy to promote visualization.
Writing: We're wrapping up our Thanksgiving speeches and starting to practice reading them. We also talked about nouns: common, proper, plural, irregular plural, OH MY!
- Please consider paying your PTO dues to help support all of the wonderful work that our PTO does! There are many events, especially in fifth grade, that are subsidized by the PTO.
- Erin Moulton, the author of Keepers of Labyrinth series, will be at the public library TODAY at 3:30 for an afternoon of craffts, contests, trivia, and prizes!
- Thanksgiving Speeches will take place on November 24th at 9:30
- I have e-mailed parents to set up or confirm conferences. Please e-mail me if anything changes.
- I'll be using the Remind app to send out quick reminders to parents. Be sure to sign up if you haven't yet! Text @mconcei to 81010. You'll receive quick reminders from me right to your phone. No need to download the app.
Enjoy the weekend!