Here are some things to talk about this weekend...
- We had our first Class Meeting this week. Ask your child what went on! I was so proud of them.
- Student Council has been working on some great things to improve our school.
Math: We are continuing to work on dividing by 1-digit divisors. One of the most challenging lessons this week was interpreting remainders.
Social Studies: We had our quiz on the seven reasons to explore today. Everyone did a great job! Ask your child if they can sing the Latitude and Longitude song to you.
Science: We had the Star Lab this week. Ask your child about what they saw inside.
Reading: We worked on tracking our thinking while reading Fish in a Tree. Students were asked to describe any "mind movies" that happened as the events in the book unfolded. This is a great strategy to promote visualization.
Writing: We continued working on Thanksgiving speeches and simile poems. We've talked a lot about revising and editing. I've been encouraging the students to vary their sentence types. We did a sentence sort activity that was frustrating at first, but everyone persevered through it! We also had the test on sentences today.
- Please consider paying your PTO dues to help support all of the wonderful work that our PTO does! There are many events, especially in fifth grade, that are subsidized by the PTO.
- Erin Moulton, the author of Keepers of Labyrinth series, will be at the public library on Friday, Nov. 13th at 3:30 for an afternoon of craffts, contests, trivia, and prizes!
- Pictures went home today- I'm sorry they didn't get in their mailboxes yesterday!
- Thanksgiving Speeches will take place on November 24th at 9:30
- Sign up for conferences at the following link OR e-mail me to schedule an appointment for December 3rd. http://bit.ly/1VRHYfk
- I'll be using the Remind app to send out quick reminders to parents. Be sure to sign up if you haven't yet! Text @mconcei to 81010. You'll receive quick reminders from me right to your phone. No need to download the app.
Enjoy the weekend!