Monday, November 30, 2015

Thank you, Memorial!

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and friends. My father and I spent some of our Thanksgiving Day at the St. Francis House in Boston serving food to those who needed it. I asked my homeroom students to make cards for me to bring. I also reached out to the other teachers and many Memorial students participated. I brought close to 200 cards with me! I set them at each place setting and everyone who read them had a smile on his/her face. I promised one man that I would share his message. He told me to make sure the children knew that they touched the hearts of many homeless people. He went on to say that reading the cards was better than the meal. 

Many of the people we served took the cards with them. Thanks to everyone who participated in this! Your small act of creating something with construction paper and a simple "Happy Thanksgiving" 
made a very big impact.

St. Francis House tweeted "thank you" to all of you! 


The tables were all set with your lovely cards! 

                                       


No comments:

Post a Comment