Here are some things to talk about this weekend....
- We had Wall of Fame today. Be sure to ask who was recognized & what they did to get put on the "wall!"
- Mrs. Dressler met with fifth graders about our whole school reward for filling up the Responsibility rocket. We are going to do a fun dance on Tuesday as school!
Math: My math class is in the middle of Topic 3, which is on whole number multiplication. We've been rounding numbers and estimating products. We've been working on the properties of multiplication. As your child to explain them and to share the difference between a factor and multiple. Multiplication facts are very important during this topic! Your child should be doing Reflex math three times per week.
Social Studies: We will begin our unit on explorers next week.
Science: We wrapped up our unit on the moon and the solar system today. There will be a quiz on Monday. Please see the homework tab on my blog for study information.
Reading: We started the book Morning Girl by Michael Dorris. Ask your child to describe Morning Girl and Star Boy to you. They're siblings who are very different! The students will be using Google Classroom to answer questions about the book for homework. Some students are saying that they're having hard time logging on. Here are directions:
Writing: All homeroom classes began brainstorming and organizing for Thanksgiving speeches. We talked about having an "attitude of gratitude" and that Thanksgiving is the perfect time to express that. Notices about the event went home today. In ELA, the students published their moment in time writing on Book Creator and shared those with their classmate. They had a "critic" in the audience whose job was to give the author feedback on his/her writing.
- Please consider paying your PTO dues to help support all of the wonderful work that our PTO does!
- Sign up for conferences at the following link OR e-mail me to schedule an appointment for December 3rd. http://bit.ly/1VRHYfk
- I'll be using the Remind app to send out quick reminders to parents. Be sure to sign up if you haven't yet! Text @mconcei to 81010. You'll receive quick reminders from me right to your phone. No need to download the app.
Enjoy the weekend!