- Thursday was Cole's last day. He is moving back to New York. We had a class lunch together and put together an album with pictures and notes from classmate. We wish him all the best!
- We have a field trip on April 7th. Please make sure to send in a brown bag lunch.
- Are you on Twitter? Follow me to see what's happening at Memorial! @MKConceison
- Congratulations to this week's Wall of Fame winners!
- Send all baby pictures and kindergarten pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org Remember that it does not have to be the school K picture-- any picture around that age.
Here's a glimpse into our week...
|Cole looking at his book of memories.|
We had quite the April Fool's Day. Thanks to Amber for being a good sport for this grand finale of jokes. Please know that this phone already water damaged and Amber was in on it!
Talking tidbits: What has been easier for you- adding mixed numbers or subtracting them?
|Using the TIPS recording sheet to problem solve.|
Social Studies: We have continued our unit on the American Revolution. We watched many video clips and took notes on different battles and important people. Talking tidbits: What was the first battle of the war?
|Cause and effect of The Revolution|
Science: We started our unit on electricity. The students built circuits to make a light bulb light. We also made electromagnets that picket up paper clips. Talking tidbits: Why did the doors in the hallway close when the electricity went out on Thursday?
|Let there be light!|
|How did the nail pick up paper clips?|
Reading: We finished Bud, Not Buddy and we have been using a website called Storyboard That to create storyboards diagramming the plot, analyzing the characters, and interpreting themes. It has been a lot of fun! (Except for when the power went out and we lost our work).
|Storyboard That feels like we are making our own video games!|
Writing: Students took on the point of view of a nature occurrence to show the effect that point of view/perspective has on the reader.
Enjoy the weekend!